Yorkshire Terrier Club of Ethical Hobby Breeders president:Marsha Pressley CODE OF ETHICS: 1. I promise, as a member of YTCEHB to strive to better the breed of the Yorkshire Terrier according to the AKC standards, with the acceptance of color, allowing alternate colors other than blue and tan and to improve the lines I am producing, aiming to reduce faults. 2. I promise to comply with the rules of the AKC concerning record keeping and registration, identification, sale and transfer of my Yorkies. 3. I promise to refer potential puppy buyers to fellow reputable breeders who are members of this organization YTCEHB and to be helpful and courteous and respectful of my fellow members who request information and want to learn more about thebreed. 4. I promise that if I choose to offer stud service or share my bitches, that they shall be screened for infectious diseases and will relate any hereditary problems that may or may not occur according to my experiences in breeding my own dogs within my kennel 5. I promise to disclose any hereditary problems to buyers of my puppies, offer guarantees against such illnesses, and to fully disclose to any potential clients any serious or disabling hereditary defects, including reasonable possibility of such. 6. I promise not to defame another member of YTCEHB or to seek to impair their reputation, provided, however, a member shall report any serious situation that is detrimental to the breed of is inconsistent with these principles. 7. I promise that any advertising I do involving the sale of my dogs and/or kennel, to use my own photos, my own material, not to copy or mimic another member's advertisement, not to use terms as "TEACUP" or other names that may be considered disrespectful to the breed. 8. Each member may only become a member after having TWO other member's recommendation and must abide by the rules of this club YTCEHB, and at least one person who is recommending must have visited the applicant's facility at least once in the last year preceding application date. *
*while the organization is in its infancy, those who are in official positions will have to determine if an applicant complies with the above until such time that this rule can be implemented
Yorkshire Terrier Club of Ethical Hobby Breeders president:Marsha Pressley CODE OF CONDUCT: 1. Each member shall be willing to help, advise, and mentor in some way or fashion helping novices and new breeders with advice and guidance. The welfare of the breed is of utmost concern and the future of the Yorkshire Terrier.
2. All dogs will be kept under safe and sanitary conditions, be given maximum health care and protection, including regular inoculations and proper nutrition. Each puppy must be seen per contract of sale, within 5 days of sale by a qualified licensed vet per SIGNED contract of sale of said puppy.
3. Bitches will only be bred on or after their second heat cycle. They will be provided w/proper spacing to insure health and unplanned breedings. Bitches will have no more than TWO cesarean sections and will be spayed after such. Bitches will be retired before the age of seven (7) years and spayed to live out a normal life.
4. Puppies shall NEVER be sold to pet stores, consignments, auctioned off, raffled, or used as a prize or any other commercial enterprise, nor sold to unetical breeders.
5. Prospective puppy buyers will be screened to determine that proper care and a proper environment is suitable for that puppy, according to the best interest of that puppy, to be sold only to a loving and home where they will live out their life with that owner as their family.
6.All puppies sold shall be sold w/written contract and/or sales agreement that shall be signed both by buyer and seller, with agreement displaying clearly the terms of the sale. The buyer shall be informed that if they cannot keep that puppy, that it is required for said puppy to be returned to the breeder who will then be responsible for placement and care of that puppy.
7. Puppies will be sold on a spay/neuter contract as pets only, except to reputable and ethical breeders/members of YTCEHB or breeders who are trustworthy and well screened who will comply to all rules according to the YTCEHB.AKC papers will be properly marked as LIMITED registration to all pet buyers.
8. Puppies must be a minimum of twelve (12) weeks of age to insure adequate socialization and appropriate emotional and temperament development through interaction with siblings, dam and other dogs before leaving the breeder's care and going to a new puppy owner.
9.All puppies sold will provide written details of proper feeding, general care, Date of wormings and inoculations, grooming instructions, dangers that could occur in t he home with a new puppy, and future advice when contacted for such.
10. All members of YTCEHB shall own and produce only AKC registered dogs that are healthy, mature, of sound temperament and free of serious hereditary and/or congenital disease. Any breedings shall be in the best interest of the dogs with improvement of the breed in mind.
11. Members of YTCEHB shall be responsible and respect the breed, behave in a good sportsman like manner and respect all rules. Members are not required show their dogs, but must be open to learning about the breed and the betterment of the breed and must attend at LEAST one (1) show per year to learn about the betterment of the breed and expose themselves to such.